If we had to describe CBD gummies in a single word, it would be “versatile”. Even though these tasty treats are usually associated with Halloween and the idea of ghosts and goblins, they can actually be of great help to you if you want to reduce stress and anxiety levels, improve your focus and concentration, relieve pain, or simply sleep better. And not just that – as a result of their versatility, you can use gummies for a wide range of different purposes. Read on to learn everything you need to know about cbd gummies so that you can make an informed decision about whether or not they are right for you.
What is a CBD Gummy?
A CBD gummy is a type of edible that uses CBD (a non-psychoactive compound found in cannabis) as its main active ingredient. CBD gummies are often shaped like gummy bears, but there are also other types of gummies available. These edibles are often produced with the intent to provide the user with a boost of relaxation and/or pain relief. A word of caution before we move on – even though CBD gummies are technically edible, you shouldn’t try to chew and swallow them like a piece of gum.
Instead, you need to place them in your mouth and then slowly and carefully chew them up so that they dissolve and you can properly absorb the CBD. Being a type of edible, CBD gummies are usually produced with CBD oil or another type of CBD extract as their main ingredient. While they can, of course, be produced with raw cannabis extract, this isn’t as common.
Why Should You Try CBD Gummies?
Because they are easy to use, have great bioavailability, and come in a variety of flavors, CBD Gummies are a great choice for first-time users of CBD and people who prefer a more laid-back approach. These tasty treats are also perfect for people who prefer not to smoke or vape their cannabis or who have conditions that make it prohibitive to inhale cannabis. CBD gummies can be used to manage a wide range of health issues, including:
– Anxiety – Pain – Insomnia – Depression – Stress and anxiety – Mood disorders – Headaches – PMS symptoms – Chronic pain
How to Pick the Right CBD Gummy for You
When choosing a CBD gummy, there are a few important factors to consider. These include:
– CBD content – Brand reputation – Active ingredients – Flavor – Packaging – Cost CBD content – The first and most important factor to consider is the amount of CBD present in a given gummy. Make sure to choose a gummy that has the amount of CBD that is best suited for your needs.
– Brand reputation – The next thing to look for is the brand name of the CBD gummy you’re considering buying. Make sure that the brand you choose is reputable, has positive reviews, and is known for making quality products.
– Active ingredients – Some CBD gummies also contain other active ingredients that are meant to enhance their effects. This is especially true for hybrid gummies, which contain both CBD and THC.
– Flavor – This one is pretty self-explanatory. It’s important to choose a gummy that tastes good. You need to enjoy the taste so that you’re motivated to use the CBD gummy regularly.
– Packaging – The packaging of the CBD gummy that you choose is also worth considering. Look for gummies that come in childproof packaging so that small children can’t get a hold of them. It’s also worth paying attention to the expiration date of the gummies you choose.
– Cost – Last but not least, don’t forget to consider the price of the CBD gummies that you’re planning to buy. CBD isn’t cheap, but there are many different types of gummies available at a wide range of different price points.
The Drawbacks of CBD Gummies
As with all edibles, the main drawback of CBD gummies is that their effects are often much more delayed than those of other delivery methods, such as vaping or smoking. In some cases, the effects can even take between 2 and 4 hours to take effect. This is especially true for people who have a low tolerance to cannabinoids. The other major drawback of CBD gummies is that they don’t last as long as other forms of CBD, such as CBD oil. This means that you’ll have to eat a new gummy every 2-3 hours if you want to maintain a consistent level of CBD in your system.